There is an old saying,

"God created the Grand Canyon, but he lives in Sedona."

One trip to Sedona and you know it has to be true.

Sedona Blog Home

While In Sedona Take A Day Trip To The Grand Canyon's Skywalk


If you are planning a day trip while you are in Sedona, the Grand Canyon is certainly the one you would want to consider. Just a short 3 hours away and you stand in awe of this beautiful canyon that was created for each and everyone of us.

In 2006 the Grand Canyon's SkyWalk was completed and opened to the public. I myself hasn't been there yet but I will make it a point to go the next time I make it up to the Grand Canyon.


To get into the park there is a $25.00 fee. It is owned and operated by the Indian Reservation that it is located in so at least it is going to a good cause. You have to drive 14 miles on a dirt road. If you chose not to, you can take a $10 coach service available. Arriving at the west rim then you choose your tour package which ranges from $54 to $213. You will have to wear booties over your shoes so that you don't scratch the glass. Picture purchases are $25.



Here are some links and videos that I gathered. I hope you find them as interesting as I did.

Click For SkyWalk Website



The Planning Of The Sky Walk


Click for National Geographic Website

No comments: